If you are a sweet tooth, then you came to the right post! I won’t cheat if I say that cookies are essential part of our everyday life (said it like I was talking about water). What could be better then eating gingersnap with tea or if you like – mulled wine? Do you remember Starks’ moto – “Winter is coming”? He is right and we all need to keep ourselves warm.
As I’m, a big fan of Star Wars Universe, I decided to find some dope recipes. And look what I’ve found – gingersnap with the faces of characters from Star Wars Universe – Yoda, Darth Vader, C3-PO and Chewbacca.
For making 2 trays of gingersnap you will need:
- 2 glasses of flour
- 4 tb.s. of semolina
- 1 pack of butter
- 100 gr. of chocolate
- 4 tb. s. of brown sugar
- 3-4 tb. s. of honey
- 3 t.s. of dried ginger
- 2 t.s. of cinnamon
- 2 t. s. of nutmeg
- 1-2 t.s. of baking powder
- A bit of melted carnation
- Sift flour through sieve, add baking powder, semolina, ginger, cinnamon. Nutmeg and carnation.
- Crack the chocolate in pieces, dice the butter , put it in a small pot, add sugar and honey and melt and mix it on a weak fire. Get it off the flame and let it cool a little bit.
- Put this chocolate mass into dough and mix it until you will have flexible one. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it in fridge for 2-3 hours, it will cool and you won’t have any problems with making a layer.
- Get the dough back, split it on 2 parts. Make one layer 3-5 cm thick and use the (not the Force) forms to make the face. You can buy them on Amazon.
- Put the gingersnap on a tray covered with baking sheets.
- Put it in the oven heated to 356 F. (180 C) and bake it for 10-15 minutes. While the first part is baking, you can make another one.
- If you want – add some icing.
These gingersnaps will be fresh for several weeks for sure! And don’t forget to make the dough cool because it will stick to the from. Don’t use too much baking powder, or you won’t have those prints on your gingersnaps.
After such a good baking, enjoy your meal and don’t forget to like and comment the post if You like it! I’ve started small category with recipes, will be glad to see You there. See ya around and may the Force be with You!